Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Everyone Needs a Magic Wand

If you detect a theme in my posts lately, then you’ve already correctly guessed that winter has descended on my farm and the battle against frozen water has come full circle yet again. This week I’d like to share with you a product I’m calling my ‘Magic Wand’, because it certainly acts like one. Submersible water heaters or bucket water heaters as they’re alternatively called deserve a place on every farm with electric service to the barn. Fill a bucket with water, place the heater inside, plug in, and in a few minutes you have warm water. One of the many ways I use my magic wand is to defrost water bottles. I have a small rabbitry at Terravita Farms where I raise ‘American Chinchilla’ rabbits, and their water bottles frequently freeze overnight. This poses no problem for my magic wand. My first task upon entering the barn is gathering up the frozen water bottles and putting them into the bucket with the submersible heater. By the time my chores are finished the bottles have thawed! The only caveat with this product: don’t forget to unplug before leaving the barn!  This heater might be just the thing to give your favorite farmer this winter. Keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment